30 December 2016

The tree does not halt its growth in fear of casting a shadow.

Yet, my dear,
you would stunt your own limbs,
for as much light as you hope to gather,
Fear of the shadow you cast is greater.

Let me remind you of your whole.
Your dual being that is both
Light catcher
and dark shedder.

I will joyfully climb your tallest branches to
bask in our sunlight
bathe in the glow of your upmost.

I will gratefully rest in your shadows to
drape the chill upon sun warmed skin
know the breeze stroking eyelids closed.

I will gaze up at your many leaves,
green and dark green
lit and shaded,
in awe and fascination.

And the night
illuminated by the lone moon 
sans sights of the light and darkness,
there you stand.

Skyward tendrils aching
Earth bound roots creaking
Visceral and ethereal
You are Whole.