05 January 2017

Adventure #52: Snow Day!

I finally made it out in this record-breaking snowfall! To be perfectly honest, during the entire time, I was somewhat concerned that I might get stuck. The snow was easily up to my knees! And! I measured one of the icicles on our roof at more than 5 feet! We're almost caged in by now. 

Even though I couldn't stay out there long because my hands became painfully cold quite quickly, it was such a beautiful day and I'm so glad that I got to take some pictures and be in the cold. I feel so grateful to have grown up in a place where I could take sunsets, snow, and a hearty bird population for granted. These past couple of years have been such an amazing lesson in appreciating all kinds of beauty that the world has to offer, whether it be human or plant or weather pattern. I am truly humbled.