11 October 2016

Adventure #24: To Tacoma, Through Vancouver

We're on a trip! My Gramma asked me a few days ago if I needed to get out of the house as badly as she did, and I said yes. So we're driving to Vancouver, Tacoma, and Albany to visit a few family members.

On our first day, we drove to Vancouver from home and got there around 6pm Pacific Time. I got to drive for about 4 hours straight, including some in Portland traffic, but my Gramma didn't know where to tell me to go, so that was really scary a couple of times... I didn't do anything crazy, but she did have me take the next exit off the freeway so that she could drive and I could navigate by way of our lord and savior, Google Maps. I exited toward the airport, so there were several more turns and exits to take before I found a Wendy's parking lot! And then we had dinner because yes.

We made it to her friend's house in Vancouver, and I have never been so at ease around two old ladies before. This woman's house was so full of things, meaning plates, decorations, tea cups, cloths, lights, and books! In the past, when I've witnessed such a full house, the woman living inside it clings to her possessions to stave off loneliness and boredom. There is nothing wrong with such things, but the nature of it has meant I haven't felt comfortable in those kinds of places. However, this woman's house felt cozy. And like all of her possessions were there to be put to use. She collects plates and china because she is a professional tea-teacher! Well, actually a "Certified Tea Etiquette Consultant" according to her business card. She was so sweet and made us the best tea ever. I'm so glad I got to meet her!

We also had stopped at the Columbia River Gorge because it's so gorgeous and windy. The last time I had traveled this route, too, I had several snapchats of the river and I put little boat and cloud and sun stickers on them ^.^

So! Thanks for the read! And here are way too many selfies of me, one picture of the gorge, one of the view over Tacoma from our hotel, and one of my adventure buddy, Murdoch <3

Murdoch is a tiny homie

So Koi

Das me

Contrast

Windy Business

Columbia River Gorge

Tacoma, WA