12 October 2016

Adventure #25: Dat Glass

Aaaaagh I love this city. I haven't been here for two and a half years, but I remembered the streets and buildings so clearly. It's such a beautiful place.

So I got to spend the day with my aunt, my cousins, and my Gramma. We visited the glass museum (Kind of. There are installations that are outside the actual museum, soooo you don't have to pay to see those.) and walked around downtown Tacoma for a while. Because I know way less about these installations than the museum probably does, if any of these pique your interest, here is the link to the Museum of Glass.

And oh! I forgot something! This paragraph is being written five days late, but whatever. My aunt left me at a coffee shop for a few hours, too, and I kind of had an adventure there. I looked through a book about the traditions of pilgrimages to the holy lands. I drank cocoa. I also took my shoes off so that I could sit cross legged in the chair, and nobody looked at me funny. And a couple of guys approached me to talk about religion. That was super cool. Their names were Andre and Sergei, and we just kind of philosophized for an hour. They seemed kind of surprised that I was on board with what we were talking about, and that I was pushing the ideas, even though I told them I don't always identify as a christian. They prayed, we talked about our lives, God, freedom, purpose, and Germany. It was so cool to meet two people like them. They were just really open, passionate, and interesting people. So glad I got to experience such a meaningful conversation with complete strangers!








Note: People look at you strangely if you do
a photographers pose in the middle of a museum.
Especially if they didn't see the rainbow.